Thursday, December 31, 2015

Kamen Rider 1 Movie Remake Teaser

Toei has launched a teaser trailer for the new film remake of Kamen Rider 1 as part of the "Super Hero Year" project to celebrate the 45th Anniversary of the Kamen Rider franchise, as well as the 40th Anniversary of the Super Sentai franchise. Saban has licensed both franchises in the US under the names "Masked Rider" and "Power Rangers", respectively.


I've been a fan of the Kamen Rider franchise ever since I first watched "Kamen Rider Black" in the 90's. However, I haven't been paying too much attention to it for several years, and understandably so (either too weird or too kiddy - much like the current Power Rangers). While I don't expect it to happen, I am hoping that this remake will bring back the dark, serious drama that made the early Kamen Rider shows very appealing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment