Monday, September 5, 2016

Classic Sci-Fi Franchise "Star Blazers" Announce Sequel in 2017

Teaser for Space Battleship Yamato 2202, the sequel to Space Battleship Yamato 2199, that serves as remake of the original series. It is also known in the West as Star Blazers. The sequel will comprise of 7 movies starting in February of next year.

I personally binge-watched the entire 2199 series after putting the franchise off for many years because of similarities with Space Carrier Blue Noah (Thundersub in the US), which I watched first. I was totally blown away and can see why many sci-fi enthusiasts and famous people in the anime industry are heavily inspired by Yamato.

I would like to see this adapted for a Western audience, but I guess that would cause friction against fans of Star Trek and Star Wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment