Friday, November 11, 2016

Butthurt Employee Rants Against Marvel

Besides C.H. Greenblatt dissing Nickelodeon over their handling of Harvey Beaks, another disgruntled employee is Spider-Gwen creator Robbi Rodriguez, who is very upset with Marvel's handling of her character either in the current Clone Conspiracy arc of Spider-Man, or by making her a possible love interest of Miles Morales.*

You may also know Rodriguez for his constant banter against Marvel/DC artist Frank Cho over the latter's variant cover depictions of Spider-Gwen (to which proceeds from the sales goes to charity to aid victims of domestic abuse).

IMO, Rodriguez should know better that Gwen Stacy was NEVER his creation, but Stan Lee's. By taking that character and turning her in to Spider-Gwen, who is associated with the Spider-Man character, which is also a Stan Lee creation, ergo Marvel's property, Rodriguez cannot stake his claim. Gwen Stacy, in whatever form she is, even as Spider-Gwen, is Marvel's property and they are free to do whatever they want with her.

If I were Rodriguez, I wouldn't have made the Spider-Gwen character at all and instead of working for Marvel, I'd work for Image Comics, where I still have creative control over all my works and characters I created.

*I thought Miles and Kamala are an item as they're both characters created by Brian Michael Bendis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment