Monday, December 19, 2016

Justice League Action - Shazam Slam Quick Thoughts

Quick Thoughts on the premiere episode of Justice League Action on Cartoon Network in the US:

- Though this is the first 3 episodes to air on CN USA, in the UK it's listed as Episodes 8-10.

- Shazam Slam is also an overarching story that shows the Justice League setting up the Watchtower, as well as fighting the Djinns mentioned in Power Outage.

- For some reason, Power Outage (one of the first two episodes that aired in the UK) is not featured in this special, since it deals with the first Djinn. So the order would be the first Shazam Slam episode, followed by Power Outage, and the rest of the Shazam Slam episodes.

- Despite the title, Shazam only appears in the first and last parts, and only briefly.

- Plastic Man is annoying, period.

- The choppy low-frame animation is becoming more common that it may not be visually appealing to some.

- Humor is good, but again it's an acquired taste for those who prefer a more darker DC show like the Bruce Timm universe.

- I pray Batman never calls out the battle cry "Justice League, Action!" again. I'd rather hear "Titans, Go!" than that.

I won't lie that I've been paying attention to the UK releases, and after 11 episodes, I've gotten accustomed to it. I can't say I'm excited for each new episode, but other than few bumps, I can't say it's bad either. It's definitely a far better investment than say, the Powerpuff Girls Reboot.

No comments:

Post a Comment